Bryce Canyon Ultra Marathons
June 1-2, 2018 | Hatch, UT
This scenic, mountain course runs around the northern half and along the western edge of the Paunsaugunt Plateau, offering spectacular views above and below the hoodoos. The race is run at high elevation, with most of the miles on this rugged course between 7,000 – 9,000 ft.
You can view course maps below. Drop your email address into the form above to get a reminder when registration opens or when additional information is available.
100 Mile Course
Course cutoff time: 36 hours
50 Mile Course
Course cutoff time: 16 hours
50 K Course
Course cutoff time: 11 hours
Half Marathon Course
Course cutoff time: 5 hours
Bryce Canyon Ultras Runner
Bryce Canyon Ultras Runner
- 4-7 pm: 100 mile check in at the expo at the mouth of Proctor Canyon (50 mile, 50K, and Half Marathon runners can check in at this time or on Friday from 2-7 pm).
- 6 pm: 100 Mile course overview meeting (optional)
- 8 pm: 100 mile drop bags deadline
- 4 am: Morning bib pickup opens
- 5 am: The 100 mile race begins.
- 2- 7 pm: 50 mile, 50k and Half Marathon check in **any runners unable to check in at this time may also check in race day. Be at check in at least 45 minutes before the race start.
- 6 pm: course overview meeting (optional) .
- 8 pm: 50 and 50k drop bags deadline
- 4 am: Morning bib pickup opens. Be at check in at least 45 minutes before your race start.
- 5 am: 50 mile race begins
- 6 am: 50K race begins
- 7 am: Half Marathon begins
Camping: If you're a fan of camping, the best option by far will be to stay near the staging area at the mouth of Proctor Canyon - That's right at the start and finish lines! We have plenty of space for primitive camping. There is enough space for everyone, and cars and *RVs are welcome.
The cost to camp will be $30 for up to three nights during race weekend. Additional nights will be $10 per night. Reservations are not required. Just show up to the event, pay for a campsite with cash and you can choose where to camp.
Please note that only cash will be accepted for camping fees.
*No RV hookups available.
Lodging: While the area is a bit remote, there are lodging options in the nearby towns. You can find a few motels in Hatch, just a few minutes from race HQ. We also recommend looking in Panguitch (13 minutes away) and Bryce (30 minutes away). Here's a useful link to find lodging in the area.
If you're looking to stay closer to the park entrance, Ruby's Inn has blocked out a limited number of rooms specifically for those involved with the Bryce Ultras.
To reserve, call 435-834-5700 and state that you would like to book an individual room inside of a group block. The block name is "Bryce100/IND". Then give the date you would like to arrive along with the number of nights you would like to stay. Ruby's Inn is located at 26 S Main Street, Bryce Canyon City, UT 84764.
ADDITIONAL HOTEL, VACATION RENTAL, AND CAMPING OPTIONS
Whether you prefer a hotel, the convenience of a home-like living space, or want to be a part of the great outdoors there's an option for you! There are a few companies we've partnered with to search for the best options in the area for hotels, vacation rentals, and camping areas:
Bib & Packet Pickup
All runner check-in will take place at the mouth of Proctor Canyon (the same place as all start and finish lines). 100 milers will be able to pick up their bibs and check in starting at 2pm on Thursday. 50 mile, 50K, and Half Marathon runners can check in at this time or on Friday from 2-7 pm.
The 100 miler has 15 fully stocked aid stations and will run through a water-only station twice. The 50 miler has 8 (plus 1 water-only station) . The 50K will pass through 4 fully stocked aid stations and twice through the water-only aid station. The half marathon will pass through a minimal aid station at Proctor Canyon twice, a water-only aid station at mile 5.5 and a fully stocked aid station at mile 9.
A tentative list of items found in an aid station includes: water, Gnarly electrolyte drink, fresh cut fruit, soda, a variety of salty and sweet items. Aid stations later in the race for the 100 and 50 will have real food that may include boiled potatoes, tortillas w/Nutella, PB&J, turkey sandwiches, dill pickles, anti-chafing agent, sunscreen and first aid supplies. We will have a limited supply of gels, salt caps and electrolyte caps. All aid stations will have composting toilets.
Drop Bag Rules
You can leave a drop bag for any aid station that you’d like except for Pink Cliffs. Drop bag options are only for ultra distances.
Please follow these guidelines:
- All bags must be labeled with name, bib # (in large print), aid station, and race distance. Optional, but a good idea if your label comes off, is a card inside with the same information and contact information. Please label your bags the day before the race on your own or at check in.
- All drop bags must be left in designated drop off location by 8PM the night before race day.
- No valuables or fragile items in your drop bags. We are not responsible for any lost/stolen items.
- Watch the weather forecast. If there is any chance of rain, place your items in zip lock bags inside of your drop bag.
- Minimum size: Gallon size freezer zip lock. No grocery store plastic bags or garbage bags..
- Maximum size: Shoe box for single pass and daytime aid stations. Small duffel or small carry on for multiple pass aid stations.
- Distances that can drop bags: 100-mile, 50-mile, 50k - half marathon does not have drop bags
Getting your drop bag back: Generally all bags come back about 1 hour after the aid station closes. Because of the long distances between aid stations and the finish line please allow additional time.
If you do not pick up your drop bag on Saturday, they will be available for pick up (near the finish line area) until 9am Sunday morning. If you are not there by 9 you will have one week to request your drop bag be mailed to your through our website found here. The cost is $10 per aid station bag. After one week, the bags and their contents will be donated.
Pacers must register with the race on Thursday, or Friday morning before the race starts. There is no cost to register a pacer. Runners will be able to register their pacer(s) when checking in. Runners may register multiple pacers for the event, but each runner will be issued a single PACER bib and is allowed only one pacer at a time on course. Pacers must have their PACER bib visible at all times.
Pacers will be able to join their runner at two locations:
• 100 Miler pacers can join at East Fork Aid Station (mile 65) and beyond
• 50 Miler pacers can join at the 2nd pass at Red Canyon Aid Station (mile 37)
Pacers will need to drive themselves to these aid stations to join their runner.
*50K and Half Marathon runners are not allowed to have pacers on course with them. Failure to comply with these rules will result in disqualification of the runner being paced.
Pricing & Packages
Bryce Canyon Ultras Runner
until race day!
$350 / runner
$175 / runner
$149 / runner
Other Half Marathons, Ultra Marathons, & Trail Races
Thank our Sponsor Partners