faq & Policies
Need to Modify Your Registration?
Half Marathons, Ultras, Trailfest, & Gravel Bike Races
Log into to RunSignup.com. Head to Your Profile and Upcoming Races. Choose your race to view and manage all registration details for the specific event.
Below are general rules for our Half Marathon, Ultramarathon, Trailfest, and Gravel Bike Race events. Each race page will have exact registration period dates. If the policies differ for a race, it will be explained on the race page.
Registration period dates are available on each individual race's web page in the registration tab.
These policies may vary slightly from location to location. Any difference in policy will be specified in the Nitty-Gritty on the trip's page.
Pricing and Deposit
Your registration fee includes the trip races, activities, and double occupancy accommodations. It also includes transportation within the host country, most meals and drinks, and swag items. Itinerary details are subject to change, but we will always offer a comparable alternative.
A deposit of $500 is due at registration.
The remaining balance is due 6 months prior to the trip. About 7 months before the trip, we will send you an email reminder that your final payment is due soon.
Trip pricing is based on double occupancy of all hotel rooms. If you register with a partner, you will be able to room with them. If you register as a solo adventurer, we will pair you with someone else of the same gender in a hotel room. We try to use factors like your age, location, and other information you provide to pair you with a compatible roommate.
Single Occupancy Upgrade*: If you prefer to have your hotel room to yourself, the cost will be an additional $800 to cover the additional hotel expenses.
*Not available for the Croatia Global Adventure.
Refund & Transfer Policy
If you have registered for a Global Adventures trip and are no longer able to travel, you have a few options. Your options change as we get closer to the trip, so please be mindful of this.
Option 1: Transfer your registration to another event
1+ month(s) before the trip, you can transfer your registration to another trip for free. This transfer is good for any location and must be used by December 31st of the following year of the original trip.
For example, if your original trip was scheduled for April 2023, you can transfer your registration to any event through December 31, 2024.
Less than 1 month before the trip, you can transfer your registration to another trip but the value of your original trip will be reduced by $800 to account for non-refundable booking fees that we have paid our in-country hosts. This means that you may owe additional payments on the new trip that you transfer to.
Option 2: Transfer your registration to another participant
You can transfer your registration to another person for free up until the event. The responsibility is on you to find a recipient. If you had plans to travel with a friend and room together, the recipient will be placed with your original roommate. If you were traveling solo and requested to be paired with another traveler, we would pair the recipient with another guest of the same gender.
You and the recipient are responsible for squaring up financially.
If you are having significant trouble finding someone to receive your registration, please contact us and we may be able to help.
Option 3: Cancel + Receive a Refund
3+ months before the trip, you are able to receive a full refund on your payment contributions minus a 5% processing fee.Less than 3 months before the trip, you are able to receive a partial refund. Your refund amount is your payment contributions minus a 5% processing fee and minus an $800 non-refundable booking fee.
Covid-19 Policy (updated!)
As of September 1, 2022, a Covid-19 vaccination is no longer required to attend a Global Adventures trip. This decision comes after we’ve reviewed the recommendations from the United States CDC and the various health recommendations of the countries where we travel.
While not required, we recommend the vaccine for those who don’t have infection-induced immunity. We trust that you will make the best decision for your health.
Half Marathon/Ultras/Cycling Notes
Notes About Refunds
- Refunds are not given for anything already shipped (e.g., shirts, bibs, HydraPouches, etc.)
- If you opted to have your bib package mailed to you, once your package is shipped you are officially checked into the race and no longer qualify for a registration transfer, deferment option, or refund
- Refunds are not available due to inclement weather
- In the event of an unforeseen cancellation we cannot guarantee a full refund, though we will do our best to take care of our runners
Notes about Deferments/Race Transfers
- Once you defer your registration, you can register for the next year's race (once registration opens) or select any other open race to defer into.
- Once your registration is deferred or transferred to another race, you no longer qualify for a refund.
- Deferring your your registration does NOT automatically register you for a future race. You must choose your new race via Run Signup in order to have an active registration.
Notes About Bib Transfers
- Bib transfers must be made from within RunSignUp. If you purchase a bib outside of the RunSignUp platform you won't be able to pick up your bib because your identification won't match the name on the bib.
- Online bib transfers can take place until the day before the expo. After this period the bib transfer will need to be done in person at the expo (only the new runner needs to be present).
- Bib transfers only cover the race registration fee - add-ons do not transfer to the new registrant. The new registrant can choose to purchase add-ons when they register.
- The original registrant is responsible for paying the processing fee. The new runner will pay the current registration price regardless of what the original runner paid.
- Refunds are not given for anything already shipped (e.g., shirts, bibs, HydraPouches, etc.).
- If "transfer for refund" is selected and the new registrant fails to complete their registration, no refund is issued and the original registrant is responsible for using their bib on race day.
*Last updated 11/01/2021