faq & Policies
Need to Modify Your Registration?
Half Marathons, Ultras, Trailfest, & Gravel Bike Races
Log into to RunSignup.com. Head to Your Profile and Upcoming Races. Choose your race to view and manage all registration details for the specific event.
Below are general rules for our Half Marathon, Ultramarathon, Trailfest, and Gravel Bike Race events. Each race page will have exact registration period dates. If the policies differ for a race, it will be explained on the race page.
Deferment Policy Change
Heads up! During the pandemic, we waived the fee to defer your registration to a future event. Starting January 1st, 2022 we will be returning to our standard $20 fee.
Registration period dates are available on each individual race's web page in the registration tab.
Need to Modify Your Registration?
Costa Rica spring 2022
Head to your race page and click on the button for your registered trip dates. You'll reach the registration management page. Here, you can log into our RegPack registration portal and view or edit your trip registration!
Alaska, Iceland, Ireland, Patagonia 2022
Head to runsignup.com, log in, and head to "My Races" to manage your trip!
These policies may vary slightly from trip to trip. Any difference in policy will be specified in the Nitty-Gritty on the trip's page.
Pricing and Deposit
Your registration fee includes the trip races, activities, and double occupancy accommodations. It also includes transportation within the host country, most meals and drinks, and swag items. Itinerary details are subject to change, but we will always offer a comparable alternative.
A deposit of $500 is due at registration.
The remaining balance will be billed to you 6 months prior to the trip departure. Once the event is 6 months out, the entire remaining balance is due and any refunds will be minus a hotel fee of $700-800 depending on the trip.
Trip pricing is based on double occupancy of all hotel rooms. If you register with a partner, you will be able to stay with them. If you register as solo adventurer, we will pair you with someone else of the same gender in a hotel room.
Single Occupancy Upgrade: If you prefer to have your hotel room to yourself, the cost will be an additional $700-800 (depending on your trip) to cover the additional hotel expenses.
Refund & Transfer Policy
The deposit of $500 is refundable up to 6 months prior to the event. Within 6 months of the event, your remaining registration fee will be charged to you and the deposit becomes non-refundable unless we are able to transfer your registration to another participant.
If you choose to cancel within 6 months of the event, there are 2 options available to you.
Option 1: Transfer your registration to another participant if you are able to find someone willing to take your place.
Option 2: Receive a partial refund. If you choose to receive a refund within 6 months of the event there will be a $700-800 hotel fee taken out, which covers the cost of the hotel where we must guarantee rooms.
Refund Deadline: We do not offer refunds once we are 90 days from the start of your event. At this point, most event deposits have been paid. However, we will always do our best to work with you. If you are unable to attend, please contact us.
In order to keep everyone safe and account for still changing travel policies, we are requiring all travelers to have a completed COVID-19 vaccination in order to attend Global Adventures trips.
Notes About Refunds
- Refunds are not given for anything already shipped (e.g., shirts, bibs, HydraPouches, etc.)
- If you opted to have your bib package mailed to you, once your package is shipped you are officially checked into the race and no longer qualify for a registration transfer, deferment option, or refund
- Refunds are not available due to inclement weather
- In the event of an unforeseen cancellation we cannot guarantee a full refund, though we will do our best to take care of our runners
Notes about Deferments/Race Transfers
- Once you defer your registration, you can register for the next year's race (once registration opens) or select any other open race to defer into.
- Once your registration is deferred or transferred to another race, you no longer qualify for a refund.
- Deferring your your registration does NOT automatically register you for a future race. You must choose your new race via Run Signup in order to have an active registration.
Notes About Bib Transfers
- Bib transfers must be made from within RunSignUp. If you purchase a bib outside of the RunSignUp platform you won't be able to pick up your bib because your identification won't match the name on the bib.
- Online bib transfers can take place until the day before the expo. After this period the bib transfer will need to be done in person at the expo (only the new runner needs to be present).
- Bib transfers only cover the race registration fee - add-ons do not transfer to the new registrant. The new registrant can choose to purchase add-ons when they register.
- The original registrant is responsible for paying the processing fee. The new runner will pay the current registration price regardless of what the original runner paid.
- Refunds are not given for anything already shipped (e.g., shirts, bibs, HydraPouches, etc.).
- If "transfer for refund" is selected and the new registrant fails to complete their registration, no refund is issued and the original registrant is responsible for using their bib on race day.
*Last updated 11/01/2021