Vacation Races is looking to hire a Global Adventures Operations Director.
This position is responsible for helping to develop and manage the company’s Global Adventures operational processes, as well as help manage the expansion of our Global Adventures series.
Global Adventures Operations Director
Remote Position | Full Time | 20%-40% Travel | Salary: $90k-$110k/year
Vacation Races is looking to hire an experienced Operations Director (OD) to help develop and manage the company’s Global Adventures operational processes, as well as help manage the expansion of our Global Adventures series. The OD will develop and optimize our global event operations, employ feedback strategies to maximize customer satisfaction, expand our event offerings, and influence global adventures marketing initiatives. The OD will create event budgets and be responsible for this division’s P&L. The OD will work directly with the CEO to implement the division’s overall business strategy.
The OD should have a clear understanding of Vacation Races core values and culture. Top candidates will have running or travel/tourism experience (ideally both) paired with proven management skills, a sound understanding of business strategies, and a track record of growing a small organization. Applicants must be fully vaccinated to be considered.
Operations Director Responsibilities
- Embrace a heavy international travel schedule (20%-40% of the year)
- Develop and oversee operational best practices for international event execution
- Manage relationships with in-country partners
- Work together with Race Directors to establish and manage event budgets
- Coordinate the scouting and development of new event locations based on customer research
- Strategically grow the Global Adventures team, as needed
- At times, be comfortable stepping in as a Race Director
- Manage customer service efforts with a bias for exceeding customer expectations
- Work with the marketing director to develop effective marketing initiatives
- Work with all departments to create an effective registration process
- Develop systems to gather actionable feedback from customers at every stage of the relationship
- Coordinate efforts between the marketing, customer service, and event production teams
Key Attributes and Skills
- Unimpeachable integrity
- Personable, energetic, and fun to be around
- Empathetic, with a strong ability to truly understand customer problems, needs, and concerns
- Comfortable with the uncertainty that comes from working for a start-up venture
- Expert financial budgeting skills, including basic forecasting
- Track record of creating sustainable and scalable operating systems
- Extremely organized with a bias for preventing problems before they happen
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal), with an appreciation for global cultures
- Resourceful, with an understanding of long term consequences with regards to resource management
- Willing and able to work physically hard on event production
- Data driven decision making, being able to interpret data effectively and accurately
- Leadership and experience managing others
Operations Director Preferences (not required):
- Master's degree in Business Administration
- Five years experience in a key operational role with any sized company
- Proven track record of outstanding performance in a small and growing organization
- Proven track record of managing complex budgets successfully
About Global Adventures by Vacation RacesVacation Races was started in 2012 and hosts road and trail running events near national parks throughout the United States. In 2019 the company launched their Global Adventures by Vacation Races brand that offers week long running tours at desirable destinations throughout the world. Each trip consists of 3-7 miles of daily trail running, with afternoon “tourist” activities like white water rafting, zip lining, glacier walks, kayaking, etc. In 2022 the company will host 10 different Global Adventures including trips to Costa Rica, Patagonia, Ireland, Alaska, and Iceland. Learn more on the Global Adventures page.