Queenstown, located on the South Island of New Zealand, is known for its stunning natural beauty and abundance of outdoor activities making it the perfect final destination for our Global Adventures trip. From adrenaline-packed adventures to laid-back, relaxing experiences, here are 6 fun things to do in this picturesque town:
- Wine Tasting: The Central Otago region, where Queenstown is located, is renowned for its Pinot Noir wines. Take a tour of one of the many local wineries and taste some of the delicious wines produced in the area.
- Hiking: Queenstown is surrounded by majestic mountains, making it a hiking paradise. From easy lakeside walks to challenging alpine treks, there are plenty of options to suit all skill levels. One popular hike is the Ben Lomond Track which offers panoramic views of the town and lake.
- Bungee Jumping: Queenstown is the birthplace of commercial bungee jumping, so it's only fitting that it's home to one of the most famous bungee sites in the world - the Kawarau Bridge Bungee. Experience the rush of jumping off a bridge into the Kawarau River below.
- Visit to the Queenstown Gardens: Take a stroll through the picturesque Queenstown Gardens, which are located just a short walk from the town center. The gardens feature a beautiful lake, playgrounds, and plenty of picnic spots.
- Parasailing: Take in the stunning views of Queenstown and the surrounding mountains from a different perspective by going parasailing. Glide high above the lake while being pulled behind a boat for an unforgettable experience
- Visit to historic Arrowtown: Take a trip to the nearby historic gold-mining village of Arrowtown. Walk through the charming streets and learn about the town's rich history.
These ideas are just the beginning for outdoor recreation in Queenstown and can easily be added to your itinerary if you plan to extend your trip.
Interested in more tailored suggestions? Our Global Adventures team is happy to help. Send us an email at email@example.com.