Get the Race Guide
It's time to run in the dark! Cedar Breaks at Night is a challenging night race at high elevation. While the majority of the course is downhill, there are some small hill climbs that will be tough because of the elevation and more rocky terrain. If the skies are clear, we should get lucky and will be able to see lots of stars!
Here are some tips to prepare for this event:
- Read the Race Guide
- Make sure you have working batteries in your head lamp
- Run some practice trails at night; you'll want to practice your footing in low light
- Incorporate stability work into your training program (our balance can be more easily thrown off in low light)
To help you prepare for the weekend, we've put together a digital race guide and an audio guide. The audio guide is a podcast where we discuss what to expect during race weekend. The digital guide allows you to read all of the race details, see maps, get information about the race expo, and more. When you read the Race Guide, please pay special attention to the following pages:
- Page 2: Full event schedule
- Pages 2-3: Bib Pick-up
- Pages 4-5: Half Marathon race details
- Page 4: Parking information
- Page 5: Spectator information
Toward the end of the guide, we share how you can participate in the Explorer Club to get suggestions on what to see and do while you're in the area. When you complete the Explorer Club challenge you earn a special badge (in addition to your race medal) for completing it! Learn more here.
On race day, you may notice some people with different markings on their bib. If you look at the special indication area of the bib, you may see our Wander Project logo (a small teal circle in the top right corner), they are running as part of our Charity Bib Program.
Charity Bib athletes fundraise for their race registration. They have the option of fundraising for one of our official partners, or they can fundraise for a cause of their choice. It's a great way to add a little extra "oomph" to your running journey and it helps a wide variety of deserving causes.
To learn more about how to run with a Charity Bib or to support some of our existing athletes, visit this page!
- For 15% of you, this is your first half marathon.
- For 85% of you, this will be your first visit to Cedar Breaks National Monument!
- We have runners of all ages and places at this event. Runners from 49 states and 3 countries will be at the race!