Get ready and get in the 'zona for the Saguaro Half Marathon because it's almost here! 2022 is our second year hosting this race. After an unconventional first year (thanks to covid, we had to host two separate races), we are more than thrilled be back to our traditional race format.
The main events for the Saguaro Half Marathon will all happen in Old Tucson, a cool, old western movie set that you may have seen in some of your favorite films. The race expo, start line, and finish line will all be in Old Tucson.
The race expo is on Friday, February 18 from 11:00 am to 6:00 pm. The race expo is where you will pick up your bib, get your race shirt, and other goodies you requested at registration. The expos is also where we will have extra race merchandise and special items from our sponsors.
All of the information you need to know about the race is available in our race guide. But to get you started, we'll leave you with a few tidbits of information.
- Bib pick-up is open until 7:00 pm, but the expo (aka, things like the merchandise tent) will close at 6:00 pm on Friday, February 18.
- You will need your ID to pick up your bib at the expo
- If you can't pick up your bib on Friday, you can get it on the morning of the race starting at 4:30 am
For all of the race details, please check out our comprehensive Race Guide and podcast. The podcast is an audio version of the race guide and provides the same great information in a fun, lively 35-minute listen. Pop it on while you run errands, fold laundry, or whatever mundane task you need to spice up! The standard digital race guide will allow you to see where the expo is, where to park, etc. We recommend that you pay attention to these pages:
- Page 3: Bib Pick-up
- Page 4-5: Event Details
- Page 5: Map & Elevation
- Page 6: Parking & Spectator Info
Toward the end of the guide, we share some great information on what to do while you're in the area. We are once again offering our Explorer Club experience at this event which is a great way to visit local eateries, complete hikes, and learn about Saguaro's history — and earn a special badge for doing so!
On race day, you may notice some people with different markings on their bib. If you look at the special indication area of the bib, you may see our Wander Project logo (that tiny teal circle in the top right corner), they are running as part of our Charity Bib Program. To support our great charity partners, check out page 12.
- We will have runners from 48 states!
- For 14% of you, this is your first half marathon. We're glad you're part of this inaugural event!
- For more than half of you, this is your first time visiting Saguaro National Park; you'll love it!
- You're a creative bunch; check out some of the team names on page 8.