We are very excited for you to join us in Glacier in a few days. The park is absolutely stunning and you are going to love it! You're going to see many alpine meadows, high and rugged mountain peaks, and of course glaciers!
Before you head up to Montana, please take some time to review the Race Guide that we have put together. It covers everything you need to know for race weekend. You can read the Race Guide and also listen to an audio version of it on our podcast.
When you read the Race Guide, please pay special attention to the following pages:
- Page 2: full event schedule
- Page 2: Bib Pick-up
- Pages 4 & 5: Overview of race weekend details
- Page 6: Wave & Staggered Start
Toward the end of the guide, we share some great information on what to do while you're in the area. We are once again offering our Explorer Club experience at this event which is a great way to visit local eateries, complete hikes, and learn about regional history — and earn a special badge for doing so!
On race day, you may notice some people with different markings on their bib. If you look at the special indication area of the bib, you may see our Wander Project logo (that tiny teal circle in the top right corner), they are running as part of our Charity Bib Program. To support our great charity partners, check out page 8.
Blackfeet Nation, we thank you.
Vacation Races would like to recognize and thank the Blackfeet Nation for working with us to hold a race on this beautiful land. The Blackfeet Reservation spans 1.5 million acres, bordering both Canada and Glacier National Park. The Blackfeet are one of
the 10 largest tribes in the United States and today the reservation is home to more than 17,000 community members.
We are honored to work with the Blackfeet Tribal Business Council and collaborate to add rich cultural elements to the event weekend.
We ask all runners to show gratitude and respect for the people here and for the land they inhabit.
- For 24% of you, this is your first half marathon. You are going to have a great time; this is one of our most scenic races!
- 70% of you will have your first visit to Glacier National Park at this race.!
- We have runners of all ages at this event. We've got a handful of youngsters (11 years or under) and some awesome folks over 75 who are also joining us! That's amazing!