Registration opens tomorrow!
We are really excited to open registration for the 2013 Zion Half Marathon. I wanted to point a few things out to everyone before tomorrow.
- To register click here
- This is going to be a cupless race. This means we will not have cups at aid stations, except for emergencies or if your hydration system fails you. The aid stations will be minimally staffed. There will be people there, but not 10-15 people like you may be used to. We think this fits the vibe of the race well, but if it ends up being a bad thing, we will go back to having traditional aid stations. When you register we will ask you to indicate whether you want a hydrapouch or not. We will buy you one to keep if you want us to. Otherwise you need to bring your own system. It can be anything that works for you.
- Teams – We are offering teams a discounted rate into the race. If 6 or more people register as a team, everyone gets $10 off. Please note that if you register as a team with fewer than 6 people, each team member will be charged a $20 fee at packet pickup. Members of teams will be eligible for both individual and team awards.
- Racer Cap – We are capping the race at 750. There has been a lot of interest in the race over the past coupe weeks. I don’t think we will sell out on Saturday, but we will sell out sometime. Our transfer, deferment and refund policy is one of the best, so you have no reason to wait. If you want to be sure of getting a spot, make sure you register.
- Packet pickup – You have 3 options to pick up your packet.
- You can get it Thursday afternoon at St George Running Center. This option will cost you $10. You can pay now, or pay when you pick it up. You can pick up a packet for 1 friend for free, after that it is $10 per person.
- You can pick up your bib and packet Friday in Springdale at the race expo. The location is still TBD, but Springdale isn’t that big. There will be vendors and additional information available at the expo. We are even working on getting some speakers lined up. Pick up is free at the expo.
- You can pick up your packet race morning. We want to discourage you from choosing this option. Race morning is stressful enough for everyone without having to worry about getting your bib. But we know weird things happen, so we will have bibs available on race morning.
- Lastly, if you have any issues at all with registration, please contact me at 619-567-9191 or by email at email@example.com